Now we have identified your brand, your target audience, and the tactics you can use to attract and engage that audience, you need to create the content that will bring these together. This is about storytelling.
In this section, we will learn how to map out the digitally efficient video, picture, and word stories into an initial 100-day (proof of concept) content and conversation plan. The tools at the end of this section should help you answer the questions you need to map out your content.
- How do you tell your brand story?
- How do you articulate the gives and gets of your product or service?
- What three things can you talk about above and beyond the hard sell?
- How can you position those ‘value-added’ elements along the user journey to make sure you ‘surprise and delight’ your customer?
- Could one of those go ‘viral’? (This usually counts on someone bigger than you backing the story i.e. a media outlet)
- Simple viral Growth Model for Marketers
- How can you make yourself part of a wider story? This is especially important on social media (see below)
Making your content digitally efficient
- What is the content ladder?
- Text > Link Picture > GIF > Video > Live
- What is digitally efficient content? Content that can be found (by search), consumed (on a mobile device) and shared easily (usually on social)
- How do you balance paid media distribution against the creation of interesting stories?
- How can you map your content and production plan?
- How do you optimise your written content (250/500/1000 words), as well as your video and pictures?
- Use the 3-question interview technique – the three best questions about the subject that people are asking
- online. Answer these, and your content will be great.
- Read YouTube (ironic) Viewernomics
- The Jet Stream Methodology – My research from 2012 still holds true!
Joining the conversation – here’s where social media counts
Use these tools to help plan, organise and action your content to ensure it is digitally efficient:-
- Conversational Prism – Welcome to the EgoSystem
- Google URL builder – Allows you to track individual campaigns in Google Analytics
- Quintly – Reach your potential online with quintly’s advanced social media analytics solutions, made simple. Track, benchmark and optimise your performance
- BuzzSumo (Always use the Sub Editors Preferred Expression)- Run a search to quickly discover content ideas, uncover platform insights, identify passionate influencers and more
- Sky Adsmart – Welcome to Sky Media, the advertising sales arm of Sky. Find out about all our advertising opportunities both on TV and online here
- Camtasia – Camtasia is the best all-in-one screen recorder and video editor. Record your screen, add video effects, transitions and more
- Loom – Record video messages on your screen, cam, or both. Faster than typing an email or meeting live.
- Apple Store Free Classes
- 2023 Social media cheat sheet
- Canva – Beautiful Design Templates, Tools to Boost Your Workflow, No Surprises
- Piktochart – Create Infographics, Presentations & Flyers
- Synthesia – Synthesia is an AI video creation platform. Thousands of companies use it to create videos in 120 languages, saving up to 80% of their time and budget
- Vidyo – Vidyo is a video communication and conferencing software that embeds real-time video into virtually any application environment and network.
- Descript – Descript – Genuinely Useful. Edit By Script And Scene And Share Your Videos And Podcasts. Descript Is The Only Tool You Need To Write, Record, Transcribe, Edit, Collaborate
- Otter – Otter.ai uses AI to write automatic meeting notes with real-time transcription, recorded audio, automated slide capture, and automated meeting summaries
- Trint – Trint’s AI transcription quickly converts your audio & video files to text, making them as editable, searchable and collaborative as a doc.
- Krisp – Krisp works where you do … Krisp acts as a “smart” layer between your device and any online communication solution to eliminate all background noise
- Beatoven – Beatoven.ai uses advanced AI music generation techniques to generate unique mood-based music to suit every part of your video.
- Cleanvoice – Cleanvoice is an artificial intelligence, which removes filler sounds (uh’s, um’s), mouth sounds (Ex. Lip-smacking) and stuttering from your podcast
- Podcastle – Podcastle is the simplest way to create professional-quality podcasts. Record, edit, transcribe, and export your content with the power of AI
- Dalle 2 – DALL·E 2 is an AI system that can create realistic images and art from a description in natural language.
- Mid Journey – Midjourney is an independent research lab exploring new mediums of thought
- Stable Diffusion – Stable Diffusion is a latent text-to-image diffusion model capable of generating photo-realistic images given any text input
- Flair – The AI design tool for Branded Content
- Murf – Murf offers high-quality natural-sounding AI voices for your projects.
- Writesonic – Write SEO-optimised, long-form blogs up to 1500 words in under 15 seconds with Writesonic. Works for: blogs, landing pages, ads, emails, product descriptions & more.
- Jasper – Breakthrough Writer’s Block with Jasper Who Will Help You Spark Fresh Ideas. Jasper – AI Copywriting & Content Generation for Teams. Write content 5x faster.
- Copy Matic – Save time, save money, and optimise your copy with AI. We’ll do the heavy lifting for you. Write unlimited SEO-optimised and plagiarism-free content for your blog.
- Ryrt – Rytr is an AI writing assistant that helps you create high-quality content, in just a few seconds, at a fraction of the cost! ; killer content, effortlessly.
- Tome – A collaborative AI partner, right at your fingertips. Type in a prompt and watch Tome generate entire narratives from scratch or create additional content pages
- Beautiful.ai – Create professional-looking presentations in minutes.
Now you should be able to map out the stories behind and around your brand into an effective content and conversation plan.
Remember – interesting stories get shared. You’ll probably have to pay for dull stories to be distributed.
Take it to the next level
What brand, product/service or interesting question-and-answer stories can you tell? How can you make them digitally efficient?